Person-Centered Planning Requirements
The following 42 CFR 441.301(c)(4)(f) requirements must be documented in the person-centered plan:
- Identify a specific and individualized assessed need.
- Document the positive interventions and supports used prior to any modifications to the person-centered plan.
- Document less intrusive methods of meeting the need that have been tried but did not work.
- Include a clear description of the condition that is directly proportionate to the specific assessed need.
- Include regular collection and review of data to measure the ongoing effectiveness of the modification.
- Include established time limits for periodic reviews to determine if the modification is still necessary or can be terminated.
- Include the informed consent of the individual.
- Include an assurance that interventions and supports will cause no harm to the individual.